Special announcement regarding COVID-19 on IEEE Cluster 2020
Concerning travels and conference participation:
Regarding the current serious situation causing a lot of international travel bans all over the world, the organizing committee of IEEE Cluster 2020 is taking the following steps to minimize the disruption and make sure all submitters of accepted papers will be able to present their work during IEEE Cluster 2020:
- For any circumstance where the presenter cannot make a travel to Kobe Japan due to restriction by your nation/organization or Japanese government decision, we will provide an opportunity for remote presentation. The conference will use sophisticated tele-conference tools to make an interactive presentation session. Remote presenters will use common remote presence software (Skype, Zoom, BlueJeans, etc.)
- We are also preparing the conference to physically operate as our original plan, on September 14th-17th at Kobe Japan. So authors have the opportunity to present their work physically or remotely depending on specific circumstances.
Concerning paper submission/review and publication:
- We will continue to follow the normal process of paper collection, peer review and decision of paper acceptance as usual.
- All the accepted papers will be published on the proceedings of Cluster 2020 on the IEEE digital library.
Taisuke Boku & Pete Beckman, general co-chairs
Masaaki Kondo & Franck Cappello, program co-chairs
September 14-17, 2020, Kobe, Japan.
The IEEE Cluster Conference serves as a major international forum for presenting and sharing recent accomplishments and technological developments in the field of cluster computing as well as the use of cluster systems for scientific and commercial applications. Cluster 2020 involves participants (researchers, developers, and users) from academia, industry, laboratories, and commerce, coming together to discuss recent advances and trends in, but not limited to:
- Applications, Algorithms, and Libraries
- Architecture, Networks/Communication, and Management
- Programming and Systems Software
- Data, Storage, and Visualization