In-person Attendance Guide ● Cluster 2022
Code of Conduct
The IEEE Cluster Conference is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment in any form. As a conference that thrives on the sharing of ideas and freedom of thought and expression, it is essential that the conference environment foster respect for all present.
In participating, I acknowledge ACM’s Policy Against Harassment at ACM Activities and agree that behavior such as the following will constitute grounds for actions against me:
- Abusive action directed at an individual, such as threats, intimidation, or bullying
- Racism, homophobia, or other behavior that discriminates against a group or class of people
- Sexual harassment of any kind, such as unwelcome sexual advances or words/actions of a sexual nature
See Policy Against Harassment at ACM Activities for the complete Policy.
IEEE prohibits discrimination, harassment, and bullying against any person for any reason—for example, because of age, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual or affectional orientation, gender identity, appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
See IEEE Policies, Section 9.27 – IEEE Policy Against Discrimination and Harassment (45 KB PDF) for the complete Policy.
Attendees violating these rules may be asked to leave the conference without a refund, at the sole discretion of the conference organizers. In addition, attendees are subject to the IEEE Code of Ethics and ACM Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
As per the CDC, “Masking is a critical public health tool and wearing a high-quality mask along with vaccination, self-testing, and physical distancing, helps protect you and others by reducing the chance of spreading COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases.”
All Cluster 2022 attendees are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, follow the CDC guidance, and to properly wear (covering nose, mouth and chin) a high-quality KN-95 or N-95 face mask while at Cluster 2022. Cluster 2022 will have a supply of KN-95 masks available to attendees during the conference.
As organizers of Cluster 2022, we will be following these measures, accompanied by our own safety standards.
- We do not impose admission restrictions but strongly recommend masking as mentioned above.
- We encourage everyone to test themselves if they believe they may have been in contact with a COVID-19 positive person.
- Please be informed that you are required to isolate yourself for a minimum of five days, should you be unlucky and catch COVID-19 on your way to Cluster 2022 or during the conference. We also ask you to refrain from attending Cluster in person if you test positive.
The conference organizers had to make exceptions for a small number of presenters who were not able to travel to Heidelberg either due to visa restrictions or due to prolonged quarantine restrictions.
Talks from these presenters in the main conference program will be presented via pre-recorded videos. In most cases, the presenter will be available on zoom for a live Q&A. Attendees cannot login to zoom to view presentations remotely, and will have to be present in the conference rooms to ask questions.